This conference aims to take forward the existing research on EFR and examine issues of implementation in India on the subject, by providing a platform to bring together experts in the area.
Issues for discussion
- Making instruments (like taxes, subsidies etc) work together in a coherent way, to achieve sustainable development
- Political economy issues related to EFR, implementation challenges faced and conditions needed to create the EFR process
- Linkages of EFR in practice to national planning
- Institutional and governance mechanisms needed to support EFR
- Capacity building gaps and ways to address these gaps
These issues, which have been raised by various stakeholders, have not been discussed at a common platform. This conference seeks to fill this gap and highlight possible "windows of opportunity" for greening economies by implementing EFR and supporting mechanisms that need to be in place.